I kind of jumped into this blogging thing with both feet and sort of just started talking without ever really saying a whole lot about myself.
BAHAHAHAHA! I know! I talk about myself ALL THE TIME.
But anyway. I've seen these 100 things on practically everyone's blog, so I thought I would do one. I probably could have thought of more, but I wouldn't allow myself so I wouldn't look at my own blog later and be all like, "GAH. I'M SUCH A TOOL."
1. I was born and lived the first twenty-two years of my life in East Tennessee.
2. When I was twenty-two I moved to North Carolina.
3. I moved back to East Tennessee when I was twenty-eight, almost twenty-nine. Yes, voluntarily.
4. I became a mother at the age of twenty-two.
5. I had a set of twins.
6. They are a boy and a girl.
7. No, one of them is not evil.
8. I credit most of who I am as a person to my children.
9. I’m the third of four children.
10. I have two sisters and one brother.
11. I don’t see any of them very often.
12. My parents are both still living and are still married to each other after almost thirty-eight years.
13. I also have two living grandmothers and one living great-grandmother.
14. I love my nieces and nephews almost as much as my own children.
15. My first crush was on a boy named Ben Fields.
16. He had blue eyes.
17. He was a nice boy. I hope he’s very happy now.
18. I don’t see or hear from almost anyone I went to high school with. I’m cool with that.
19. I used to be a credit counselor.
20. I had that job for almost five years.
21. To date, it was the worst job I’ve ever had.
22. My first husband left me when I was pregnant with the twins.
23. I haven’t seen or heard from him in so many years it’s been to long to even remember when the last time was.
24. He has nothing to do with my children.
25. That’s the only good thing he’s ever done for them- left them alone.
26. I have trouble remembering what he looks like. I don’t know if I’d recognize him if I saw him.
27. I got remarried when I was twenty-seven.
28. My husband was also twenty-seven and he had never been married.
29. People in Eastern NC told me that my husband was either gay or a child molester because he was twenty-seven and had never been married.
30. My husband has a very small family.
31. Everyone in my husband’s family hates me.
32. My husband has no contact with his family (see #31). He has not seen or talked with them voluntarily for over two years.
33. That fact makes me profoundly sad, but only for selfish reasons.
34. I just got a “promotion” of sorts at work.
35. My title is now, “Environmental Specialist”
36. I drive an SUV.
37. I secretly want to be a writer.
38. When I was younger I had poetry published.
39. I couldn’t write a poem now to save my life.
40. I write things all the time and I’m afraid to send them to publishers.
41. When I was twenty-one I sent a lot of stories to magazines and they all got rejected.
42. I still have all of the rejection letters.
43. I read them sometimes.
44. I kept a diary starting when I was seven and ending maybe two years ago.
45. I don’t keep a diary now. I just blog.
46. My wedding day was one of the worst days of my life.
47. Everything that could have gone wrong, did.
48. My mother-in-law wore a black dress.
49. My great-grandmother was completely appalled.
50. I’ve never been on an airplane in my life.
51. I’m not afraid of them, mind you, it just costs a lot and I’ve always been able to drive wherever I was going.
52. I received my B.S. in December 2006.
53. I was thirty-one.
54. I thought I would be the oldest person at my graduation, but I wasn’t.
55. I don’t regret going back to school. Not for one second.
56. I’m an overachiever and really tried to make straight A’s in college.
57. While working full-time.
58. And raising two kids.
59. And making my husband happy.
60. And running a Girl Scout troop.
61. Mostly, I succeeded.
62. I have almost no memories of my childhood.
63. Except for my dog. Gator.
64. Gator killed chickens from our neighbor’s farm and my dad had to give him away.
65. I cried. A lot.
66. I have a dog now named Ginger.
67. I call Ginger my furry baby.
68. I have secondary infertility, so she’s the only baby I get to have.
69. I had a miscarriage in 2000.
70. I feel like a failure because I can’t give my husband a biological child.
71. He doesn’t care, he loves the kids I already had.
72. Still, it doesn’t seem fair.
73. One of my favorite books from when I was a child was The Outsiders.
74. I think I would still love that book today.
75. I read a lot of self-help type books now that I’m an adult.
76. I also read a lot of books about serial killers. I know, I know. I like to know what makes people tick. And true stories are always more interesting than fake ones.
77. I love Mexican food to the depths of my soul.
78. My husband hates it, so we never have it.
79. When I was thirteen I had a pair of pink underwear that I was saving to wear when I went out on my first date with Ben Fields.
80. He never asked me, so I never, ever wore them.
81. I thought they were pretty, not that I would, you know, show them to him or anything.
82. I cannot spell the word “embarrassed” to save my life. Spell check corrected it for me just now.
83. Same thing with “available” I always confuse one of the letters.
84. Thank God for spell-check.
85. I’m a very spiritual person, but I don’t consider myself very religious.
86. I think God really, really likes me.
87. Also, he thinks I’m funny.
88. I can identify any Brady Bunch episode within 15 seconds.
89. I can usually tell you the actual name of the episode also.
90. I have at least four pillows on my bed that are for my use only.
91. I love the television program Law and Order. All of them.
92. I used to work at McDonalds, when I was in high school.
93. People I worked with made fun of me and called me “rich girl” because I could speak proper English.
94. I am terrified of birds.
95. I really like to move. I’d move every two years if possible.
96. I want to move to Texas next and I think we’ll get to because of my husband’s job.
97. I’m really proud of my husband and children. They are the best things in my life.
98. I love pecan pie almost as much as I love breathing. I almost never eat it though.
99. I hate my neighborhood and I hate the vast majority of the people who live in my neighborhood.
100. I am really bad about calling people. I really need to work on that.