Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Reason #897 that my office-mate rocks.

Him: You are wearing socks today.

Chick: Yes, it's cold.

Him: Yes, I know that. But your socks are pink.

Chick: So?

Him: But your sweater is red.

Chick: Well, if you look closely (taking off shoes and sticking socked foot in co-workers face) you will see that these socks have red and blue and pink and white polka-dots on them. Therefore they match.

Him: Not really.

Chick: Okay, not really.

Several moments of working pass.

Chick: Heh. My socks don't match my shirt.

Him: Sadly, you are probably still the hottest woman here. What with the engineers and all.





Good times. Good times.

9 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

Hey I have read your 100 things and you are a hoot. Thanks for stopping by, I am just hoping that it is not too late for my daughter I have only been fighting for help for 14 years. If you don't mind I will be back to read more of your posts. Mice to meet you.

Jaye

Amy W said...

Can I work with you? Sounds much more fun than a coworker who likes to fart.

OneScrappyChick said...

I also have a co-worker with "socks must match" issues. Sometimes I wear socks that don't match (cuz I don't care) just to piss her off. *giggles*.

Rachel said...

"What with the engineers and all". Gah, men can always ruin a compliment. My socks are white, man, I'm boring.

Kellie said...

I love me some socks. I try to make them match, but really? My pants are long enough so, who the hell cares??!! Today's socks o' choice are chocolate brown with pink and zig zag lines all over (my shirt is pink)...

Angie said...

Men are really good at those backhanded compliments.

Elle*Bee said...

I guess you could always apologize for offending his fashion sensibilities and then remove your top - because it doesn't match your socks - but that would either get you fired, sued, or another 5-figure raise...

Emma in Canada said...

I might be tempted to point out pink socks with a red shirt too. I will most definitely point it out if someone wears brown or navy blue with black. Drives me crazy.

Real Life in South Carolina said...

Okay. I've decided I like you. I'm adding you to my blog list. I think it was the pink socks that did it for me.

So glad you left a comment on my blog. I've really enjoyed browsing through yours a bit! :) It's nice to read blogs written by women with a sense of humor!