Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It all makes sense now.

Because it’s a really, really, really, I-can’t-even-begin-to-get-into-how-bad-it-is bad kind of day, I will share a story from the recent past. Enjoy!

Boy Child, Girl Child and I were all in the car. We were driving home from Nerd Camp, and Boy Child was telling me, excitedly, that Josh, a friend at camp, had a new baby brother.

BC: Mom? That must have been a really big baby!

Me: Really? Why?

BC: Because it’s been in his mom’s belly for EIGHT YEARS.

Me: Boy Child. How is that possible? It can’t have been in her belly for eight years.

BC: But it was mom! Josh is 8.

It dawns on me that Boy Child believes that because he and Girl Child are twins, that ALL siblings are twins.

Me: No, no honey. Not all brothers and sisters are twins.

BC: I’m not following.

Me: Well, think about this. Your cousins? CousinJB1, CousinJB2, and CousinJB3? They are ALL brothers. But they aren’t twins.

BC: Really? They aren’t twins?

GC, chiming in: Brother! DUH! They aren’t twins!

Me: Right, they-

GC: They're TRIPLETS! There’s three of them!

BC: Ohhhhhhhh!

I say nothing. Just focus on trying not to drive off the road due to the manic laughter rising up within me.

BC: Girl Child? Isn’t it funny how our cousins are midgets (pretty sure he meant triplets, but stay with me) and they are all different sizes? Like CousinJB1? He’s in high school. And CousinJB3? He’s really small.

GC, nodding wisely: That’s just the long and the short of it brother.


Word.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you think your kids should be a sitcom? I'm serious! Call ABC right now, they could use a funny sitcom what with them only having crap like Caveman to call as a "comedy."

J said...

You. Crack. Me. Up.

Real Life in South Carolina said...

I still want him. :) Seriously, he's awesome! Hope your day gets better. At least your kids can make you laugh, right?

Denise said...

cute.

frannie said...

i adore your childfolk-- I really, really do.

sorry that your day is so craptacular.

Sarcasta-Mom said...

LOL. I love the way kids precive things....

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Having a bad beyond description day myself as well. This? This helped. A lot.

HeatherAnn Fragglehead said...

I love that your kids say things like "that's just the long and short of it". They are wonderful.

And so are you.

Unknown said...

I so ditto Catwoman. Your kids? Have brains the size of Greenland. How do they come up with this stuff? Pure poetry. I can only imagine the amount of laughter at the Chick household. And, my son's best one so far was "Not especially." when asked if he wanted a burger. He was 19 mos at the time.

Angie said...

Can I babysit them sometime? I need a good "wet my pants" laugh. Somehow, I think they will fit the bill.

Ry said...

How funny!

Patiently waiting said...

Hahahahahahaha, I'm being serious thanks for the laugh :-)

Mrs. Booms said...

Seriously... Did you mold your children out of play-doh and then do some voodoo ritual to make them come to life and being the living shit of funny??? My side hurts.

Anonymous said...

That is pretty damn cute. I hope your day gets better!

Shanilie said...

ugh, I don't like bad days....must be going around....mine was terrible!!! and it all started first thing this morning with a sudden email from the in-laws guurrrrrr

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. I would never think about twins thinking that way, but if they've never been told anything else then I can't blame them. That's a great story to hang on to to tell them when they're older.

velocibadgergirl said...

I love your children.

Unknown said...

Your kids are so brilliantly funny it's frightening. They'll have their OWN blogs in no time. And then you'll have competition. HA!

EE said...

LOL! Don't you wonder how long that has been playing in his head??? So cute!

my4kids said...

Seriously? That is to freakin' cute!!

NEVER AGAIN said...

I tried to leave a comment on the delurking post but my computer wouldn't let me. Unsecure/secure blah blah blah.

I am Lisa. I used to blog every day. I don't anymore. My husband and I have 4 kids between us...none together. I asked you for a recipe for potato soup once. You didn't send it to me.

I read your blog every single day. I don't usually comment. Sorry.

ps I don't know your husband, intimately or otherwise.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Your freakin kids are priceless!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I just read this for the first time today, and loved it! Reminds me of my 8 year old, single son....when his twin sisters were born in Nov., he said one morning driving him to school when they were a month old "I hope they don't speak Spanish."
Pause for me...."Who?"
"My sisters....I hope they don't speak Spanish".
Trying to hide the laughter I explained to him that we would be teaching them English, not Spanish.