Friday, April 18, 2008

You wish my kid would someday marry your kid.

Boy Child: Mom? When will we go to Disney World again? Next month?

Me: No. Not next month.

Boy Child: Next time we go? I'm going to ride Space Mountain until I totally hurl.

Me: Yeah, me too.

Boy Child: And then? I'm going to get on the teacups and spin around really fast until I hurl!

Me: Well, you can do that yourself.

Boy Child: And then? I'm going to go to the hall of Presidents and yell, "Hey Andrew Jackson! WHATEVER!"

Me: How about hurling? Are you going to hurl on him?

Boy Child: Maybe.

Me: I was just sensing a theme.

Boy Child: I can't wait until we go again!

Me: Yeah. I know. Next time I think we should fly though.

Boy Child: Fly? Why?

Me: Well, it took us about twelve hours in the car because of all the stupid, horrible drivers. In the plane? It would take an hour and a half.

Boy Child: Aww. I'd rather drive.

Me: Boy Child. You'd rather spend twelve hours in a car instead of an hour and a half on a plane? Are you on crack?

Boy Child: No. It's just...when we go on long trips? You talk and sing and laugh the whole time. It's so fun.



He won't think so when he's fourteen, I'm afraid. But for now? I'll take it.

23 comments:

Kim said...

Can you move to my neck of the woods so that Boy Child can be in my class next year! He sounds like a great kid!

You and your husband are doing a great job as parents!

On behalf of teachers everywhere, I thank you!

Angie said...

I'll say it now. . . but I won't be the only one.

Your kids are AMAZING.

Your re-telling their lives' story is also. . .amazing.

Anonymous said...

Seriously. Your kids kick some major ass.

For that? You and Jason need to look in the mirror and thank yourselves.

:)

EE said...

Now THAT'S a compliment. You guys are so much fun!

CPA Mom said...

you know what? with the airlines being how they are? the trip by air will take the same amount of time as by car. You know I'm right.

by the way, I DO want Boy Child to marry my Eeyore. He doesn't mind waiting does he? She's going to be a knockout!

Snappy said...

You? Rock! And also? Your kids TOTALLY Rock!!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I don't know babe, for him to have that attitude at ten? Pretty darn amazing. I think boy child and girl child are your apology from God for all the crap you've gone through.

Zephyr said...

Darn my daughter is 11, almost 12. Guess she's too old for him. (But, she DOES have a vibrating bed. At least she did this morning.)

My kids wish I WOULDN'T sing. They are afraid to say anything, wondering how I know a random song to put along with whatever they say!

Tricia said...

Don't you wish they would never grow up?

A's Mom said...

Those must be some darn good songs and conversations that you have... I would rather have 1-1/2 hours on a plane any day than drive. That's great that he really enjoys your company. I have a feeling that he'll always be like that! Because you're such a great mom!

frannie said...

he is too freakin' sweet!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Soooooo...

work out Miss-Miss's dowry now or later? I'm ready to sing a contract. My daughter? Your son? Match made in heaven, baby! :-)

Sabrina said...

We were supposed to drive also till we heard our kids talk non-stop in the car for 30 minutes. Then we decided to drive. They're 5 and 3 and love to talk. It's a girl thing :)

Sabrina said...

We were supposed to drive also till we heard our kids talk non-stop in the car for 30 minutes. Then we decided to drive. They're 5 and 3 and love to talk. It's a girl thing :)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Awww, how sweet is that boy!!

Tarasview said...

that's awesome :)

NEVER AGAIN said...

Don't worry Chick, I get more hugs from my 14 year old now than I ever did when he was 10. And my boy's got the quirk factor, too, only in a different way. I think BC will always love his Mama.

Kelly said...

OH that's awesome! See you are an AWESOME mother! and even at 14 they will even think the same thing! Times like that are hard to come by now-a-days!! Good job:)

Sarcasta-Mom said...

What a sweet boy :) He can marry my daughter any day.

M said...

He doesn't mind waiting until he's 40ish to get married, right? Because duuuuuuuude I call dibs for Lil. ;)

I love your family. On so many bagels it hurts.

Anonymous said...

love you, love your kids.

and can't believe that you can be happy and cheery and perky on a TWELVE HOUR CAR RIDE.

(i'd have to think it's you that's on the crack!)

Devon said...

that made me smile!! :) what a sweetie!

my4kids said...

The first parts? Made me laugh.
The last part? very sweet. My 13 year old still loves to drive but since we moved here we don't have far to go anymore.