Monday, July 07, 2008

Two pieces of CANDY!

One of the good things about last week was that I got to see my nieces and nephews. I don't really see any of them very often and they are pretty cool kids.


Niece Child C2 lost her first tooth. She was EXTRAORDINARILY proud of this. I think she showed me the plastic baggie containing her tooth approximately 11 billion times.



Such drama associated with being a teenager, apparently, as evidenced by the look on Nephew Child J1 and Niece Child O1 faces. ANGSTY.



Nephew Child O2 is pretty cute, yes? He's very loud, bless his heart.



Nephew Child C1 will be 9 on his birthday. It's not until the 21st, but we celebrated anyway. Who doesn't love cake?



Boy Child is a pretty good diver, yes?



Nephew Child J3 is such a ladies man. Or something.



The highlight of most things is Niece Child C3, who brightens everyone's lives with her enthusiastic shouts of "HI! HI! HI!", those eyes, and that smile.


It's almost her birthday also.





Last week was hard, but also good. Mostly, thanks to these folks. Even if they are so freaking loud I had a headache for like, five days, I still love them more than a fat kid loves cake. And even more than I love bubbles.





I know you're jealous. It's okay.


14 comments:

Tamar said...

I love that photo of you. Sums you up perfectly, somehow.

Anonymous said...

Great photos!!! I am jealous. My family doesn't have kids like that. :o(

I love those cakes, especially the little pink one. Too cute!

Frannie said...

a lovely family.

and nice bubbles, too!

KrustyLynn said...

What a great glimpse into the fun that you had for the 4th! Thanks!

CPA Mom said...

I'm jealous of them. For getting to spend time with you!

damn girl, I wish I had your hair.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Yay for fabulous kids!

And I agree, you look simply lovely in the bubble picture.

Anonymous said...

great photos! I, too, am jealous of your hair.

Anonymous said...

Such cute kids and great pics. Is it wrong that I'm totally craving cake? It's not even noon here....

Emma in Canada said...

You've got some good looking relatives!

Nacho Lover said...

what great kids! so glad you had a fun time with family. love the bubbles!

Stephanie said...

They are very cute.

Jocelyn said...

Focusing on the kids and their wondrousness is a very smart antidote to grief.

Jenski said...

It's always great to have kids around during hard times. Looks like your family has a lot of good ones to have fun with and it's wonderful that you could celebrate birthdays while you were all together!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I'm glad you had a good time. Not only is your own family beautiful, but so is your extended family!