*Note: I know this is getting annoying, so I'll try not to yammer on about the book umpty-frat times before it comes out, okay? This is the last one for a while.*
A lot of you nice sweet people have asked when the book will be available. The honest answer is that I don't know. The contract I signed gives the publisher up to one year to publish. However, the publisher has told me they hope to have it completed and available by May, 2009 in time for Book Expo America which is at the end of May. In New York. And they also mentioned they want me to be there. And maybe do something like a reading.
So. That made me go into the bathroom and hurl violently.
But okay. I still think I can do it. And think of all the cool people I'll get to meet.
Other of you nice sweet people have asked where you'll be able to buy the book. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and those other places like that will sell it online. I don't know if your local bookseller will have it because, let's face it, small press books often don't make the shelves of the local bookstore unless they do amazingly well. While it's nice to dream that it will do amazingly well, I'm not Barack Obama or that chick that wrote Twilight, and those are the books I saw on in the bookstore on Saturday.
Sure, I can probably convince my local bookshops to sell them. The whole "local author" thing is appealing, I guess. And likely, the place where the book is set (Eastern NC) will actually have the book available in the store.
I'm not holding my breath, either way. We'll just have to see how it does.
And, because this needs to be said:
1) No, I don't know anybody.
2) No, I can't you a book deal.
3) No, I didn't have to pay anybody to publish my book. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I don't believe there is. But I didn't.
4) Yes, your writing is much, much better than mine and I also can't understand why I got a book deal and you didn't.
5) Did you know being bitter gives you wrinkles?
6) No, I am not rich.
7) No, I'm not famous. Sincerely doubt I will ever be.
8) Yes, I am happy.
9) No, I probably won't give you and everyone you know free copies (depending on who we are talking to here...I won't give someone that randomly emails me for the first time on Wednesday free copies for her and her entire family. I will instead, delete her email and mock her here).
10) Yes, I'm writing the next one.
So there you have it. Another post about the book. I'll try to keep these to the minimum, but please know I am EXPLODING inside.
Happy Friday y'all!