Saturday, March 14, 2009

Twists and turns.

There is a stretch of Highway 40 between North Carolina and Tennessee which, frankly, used to scare the complete crap out of me.

Ten years ago when I began making trips between the two places regularly, I would panic when I had to drive through there. So much so that, when Jason and I were moving to Tennessee, I had to pull the car over so he could drive. I was terrified of all the twists and turns.

Today, as I zipped along, passing traffic on the left with ease, it occurred to me that I wasn't afraid anymore.

I didn't feel paralized with fear.
I didn't step on my brakes as I went around the turns.


I wasn't the same, scared little girl I was ten years ago.



I'm not the same girl I was.











It's probably way more profound than I can make it sound. I'm really tired.

5 comments:

Angie said...

No. You did great. I am so proud to know you!!

Not tellin' you my name ... said...

The profound is found in simplicity.

This post? Not really simple, but still ... profound.

Anonymous said...

Sounded profound to me. And I completely understood. Good for you!

Alpha Dude said...

You didn't realize it at the time, but you have grown. You are even more amazing now than you were back then and I am proud to know you.

Blessings, my friend.

Amy W said...

I know exactly the part of the road.