One of the really cool things about being a blogger is that people sometimes send me things to review. Why anyone would care about my opinion is way beyond my scope of comprehension, but apparently sometimes people listen to things I say. I wonder how I can get my husband and children on that list of people. But that's not important right now.
Lately, I've been inundated with requests to review baby products.
It's usually good things too. Things that, if I actually had a baby, I might enjoy receiving. Things that, way back when I had two babies, I really could have used.
I can't use them now.
Mostly, I delete these requests (along with those inviting me to showcase penile enlargement products), but for some reason this hit me particularly hard the other day.
1) I am grateful that anyone gives two craps about my opinion.
2) I am grateful for the free swag that I am offered.
3) I am grateful to have enough blog traffic to get offers.
4) I am genuinely grateful for people who read my blog.
5) I have secondary infertility.
6) I know that companies do not have sufficient resources to devote to reading each and every blog that may be considered a "mommy blog" and gets a lot of traffic, thus there is no way they know that I am infertile.
Still. It sucks.
It just SUCKS.
I can't just accept the stuff and give it to a homeless shelter either. I can't take it and pass it off to my pregnant friends. People who know me? Know I don't have a baby. People who read here? Have figured it out. You all wouldn't be tricked if I did a review of diapers. And you all are the ones that count.
It's not an assault. It's not an attack. It's nothing personal, at all. I know all that.
But I don't want to see it in my in-box.
Or anything about enlarging penises. That doesn't belong in my in-box either.