Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Teenage wasteland.

Girl Child? Has a zit.

Not just a zit? A HUGE OH MY FREAKING SWEET LORD kind of zit.

On her chin.

While in the line at the post-office today (consequently, did you know that if you are completely unprepared to mail a parcel that it is acceptable, lo, ENCOURAGED for you to come stand in the line at the post office? And to get to the counter with your parcel in a Wal-Mart bag and absolutely no clue of the recipients address? And then get angry and hateful with the person behind the counter who is being THE NICEST PERSON ON THE PLANET TO YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU SUCK? Well, it's all true. At my post office anyway) I noticed the ginormous zit on her face and I said, because I'm classy,

"GIRL CHILD! YOU HAVE A HUGE ZIT ON YOUR FACE!"

She made that "OH MY GOD SHUT UP" face at me. Then she smiled because she's a Girl Scout and we do crap like that.

"I'm going to take a picture of it," I told her. "For posterity."

"We'll put it in an album and label it 'Classic Memories'," said the Boy Child, dreamily.





Girl Child? She doesn't find us very amusing.

I'm pretty sure she's Jason kid.

8 comments:

Jan said...

Again- that hilarious Boy Child!

Little Red Hen said...

Well, she does look like Jason. Just ask the people at your church!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Boy Child soooo has a future as a comedian, much to Girl Child's chagrin, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Tell Boy Child that his turn will come. Girl Child will be passing out the other side of puberty even as he is stranded in the thick of it. Heh, heh, heh...

Anonymous said...

LOL poor girl child, ahhh Boy child will def get to experience all that and more voice change anyone lol

Dawn~a~Bon said...

Your anonymous commenter is right, but Girl Child unfortunately will have soooo much more crap to deal with - puberty is not fair in that regard!

I hope it's her first and last zit!

SJINCO said...

Get that girl some Neutrogena on the Spot Treatment (or something titled to that effect) and take care of that big ole' zit now!

Like five minutes ago!

Oh the poor thing. Just wait until her face breaks out the night befor a homecoming dance or something. Not like I know what that's like or anything....

Anonymous said...

My son has reached that age, where zits are more numerous than blades of grass. He's learning to scrub . . .