Saturday, May 17, 2008

Food, books, and other crap.

I feel like I have to be careful about what direction I take with this blog sometimes.

For example, I'm pretty obsessed with Weight Watchers lately. But you probably wouldn't know it by my blog. Because I try not to talk about it all the time. I'm also trying not to think about it constantly, but it's been difficult.

I'm also obsessed with reading, lately. In addition to my big book gorge on Mother's Day, I also recieved two books from this sweet author/blogger/friend and I am salivating over all the wonderful recipes. (Thanks Keetha!)

And today, I ordered the New Hungry girl cookbook.

And Half-assed. That memoir that everyone was telling me about.

And just to prove that I'm not completely obsessed with food and eating and books all at the same time? I ordered the Mothering Heights book from Amazon. Remember Mothering Heights? It seems so long ago that I outed myself with this story. But it wasn't even a whole month ago, was it?

Time is standing still for me. It's because I've been busy calculating Points values.

7 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

There's something so empowering about making positive changes in your life...it can almost get addictive, that feeling. Enjoy!

Krissie said...

I bought Half-Assed today. I met her too! She is so nice!

I'll let you know how it is!

SJINCO said...

I wish I was as on trak with my diet as you are....I'm failing miserably though and I can tell. I feel it.

I really am considering the Hungry Girl book, I love their website!

Have fun reading!

Keetha said...

Thanks, Chick! I hope you enjoy! You're the best -- :-)

Amy W said...

I am a walking points calculator. Seriously.

Jocelyn said...

So the fact that I've done WW twice--an avid point counter at the time--and now I'm sitting here eating an ENTIRE "sampler" box of chocolates...that means I'm still in the game, right? I mean, so long as I ingested nothing else today and keep my 15 chocolates to under, say, 24 points (okay, and if I ran twelve hours today), I'm still in it, ja?

Jenski said...

You definitely have to tell us how the Hungry Girl Cookbook is! I love their emails, but buying a cookbook would be WAY easier than printing out all those recipes.