Last night was Blogger Night at the KSO and it was pretty freaking sweet.
Reasons I thought it was sweet:
1) I got to meet Frank Murphy
Okay, that's not totally factual. Here's what went down.
I went downstairs. Frank was there. He said, "Hi Stephanie" because he totally recognized me (probably because of my banging hair) and shook my hand. Then I introduced him to Jason. Then I told him we had come downstairs to go to the bathroom and he told me that it was probably unnecessary for me to tell him that and I told him I like to keep it real.
Then, we were going up the stairs and Jason said, "Had you met him before?" and I said, "No. But I'm kind of a big deal".
It was hilarious.
Well, to me it was hilarious.
2) I also got to see Angie and Mark. They were actually seated behind us so we got to chat. They? Are good people.
3) The lady next to Jason fell asleep a bunch of times.
4) I don't know how that lady fell asleep because the show was absolutely amazing. Here is a link to the show details. I wish you all could have been there because there is just no way for me to describe how awesome it was. Angie has a much better description of the music on her blog. I played the piano for years but never got much beyond "When the Saints go Marching in" and "Row, row, row your boat", thus I am not much of an expert on such things.
5)The Tennessee Theatre is glorious. Jason and I could not get over how beautiful it was.
6)The blogger reception was nice. Angie (again!) has a good picture of Jason and I talking with Frank on her blog. Unfortunately we had to leave kind of early (it was late for us, especially on a Thursday night) and by the time we got downstairs I was really feeling rather...unfortunate. Jason said I was something like "socially inept", but the real truth was I woke up ill at 2:15 this morning and I think that was why I wasn't so much myself. Or maybe I'm just socially inept. Either way. (And sorry for that visual)
7) Frank reminded me that I need a link to buy my book on my sidebar. So I have it now. Thanks Frank! (If you want to buy the book, I would be okay with that)
8)I was reminded how much very I enjoy such things. And I was so impressed with the KSO. I've seen the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and the New York Philharmonic and the performance I saw last night was truly on the same level.
Thanks KSO for a great show!