Saturday, May 02, 2009

Lo, I am bummed.

Writing a book and having a book signing and all that should be really cool, right?

You would think.

Instead, it's kind of been a...well. It's just not been a good experience. I'll leave it at that.

And now? Jason can't come with me. He can't get the time off because of some stupid meeting. And of course we aren't independently wealthy or anything, so he has to go. He has to work.

It just sucks.

I said, "It's just sad because this won't ever happen again". And he was surprised and said, "This will happen again! Lots of times! You'll have lots of books and lots of book signings!"

And I said, "It won't ever happen again for the first time".


It won't.



It's no big shake, really. I know it's not. I know in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal.


It just sucks. It would have been nice to have my biggest fan there.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

That does suck. I'm sorry things aren't going the way you had hoped. Hang in there.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I think bummed is a very appropriate reaction. I'm sorry, hun.

A wee bit of good news - I finally got my copy and I LOVED it to the point of tears (both happy and not so happy ones). You're not only talented and funny, you're unique.

If I knew people in the area I'd harrass them like mad to go to your signing. ~hugs~

Birth Sister Doula Services said...

I'll travel with you. Where are we going? :)

mythoughtsonthat said...

I agree it sucks....Peace.

PaintedPromise said...

darlin' girl, your biggest fan WILL be with you - in spirit! not quite the same i know, but still.

he really will!