Friday, July 10, 2009

Quietly writing.

I wrote about three thousand words on my next book tonight.

I'll have to edit that back...probably a lot. But I'm glad that I got it out.

I keep having this great idea for another book. A fiction book, not real crap about my own life.

It's really the best idea ever. I keep thinking of it and thinking how good it could be.

Then I remember. It's basically the book I tried writing between 2006 and early 2008.

And it REALLY, REALLY SUCKED. I hate it and wish it was dead and I'm pretty sure I can't do anything to make it better.


So. There's that.



I'm in a bit of a funk lately. Is it obvious?

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

It does kind of show, yeah.

If the idea keeps coming back though, maybe the suckage is optional. Taking a couple years off can make a big difference - and so can coming at the old idea from a new direction.

I guess I'm saying don't rule it out.

Bethany said...

Listen- it is no longer 2006. You are not the same as you were in 2006. You also have more writing experience now. If this idea keeps coming up I say go for it!!


Also, I really want to work with you rowdy women who talk about bags of dicks and bras. Actually, I just want to work. Or win the lotto.

mean stepmom said...

Time changes the way we look at things, so there is a good chance you will have a new perspective than you had in 2006. Think positive. You can do it!

edbteach said...

give it another shot! Who knows, maybe this time around it wouldn't suck.

Anne-Kathrine said...

Good job on the writing.

Give that other book another chance! It is going to keep bugging you until you do something about it!