Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Of course.

Yesterday the Boy Child got in the car, shut the door and gleefully asked me:

"Guess what I learned in school today?"

I knew the answer. I did. But I asked anyway.

"What?"

"SEX," he told me. Except the way he pronounces it is "sacks". Which is funny in and of itself, but we won't go there.
(Sorry dad.)

Anyway, I asked him if he had any questions or wanted to talk about anything and he said no, he thought he was good. Then a couple of minutes later he said,

"You know what I would say if one of my friends said they needed to do sex to be more manly?"

Oh God.

"No, what would you say?"

"I'd say, 'Don't come crying to me when your penis falls off!'"

"So...you learned about STD's, I take it?"

"Yes!"

It was fine, really, until he was working on his current events homework and instead of political he wrote "poclitical". I really lost it at that point.



This is motherhood. Day 4210.

9 comments:

Mikey said...

Thank you, lol, for keeping it real. This is what I have to look forward to. Lovely.

Cecelia said...

Love. It. Also, you are brave, and I'm sure wonderful.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

It's probably a reflection on me that this post made me giggle, but dang did I ever need a good giggle today.

Jenski said...

If your penis falling off isn't a deterrent, I don't know what is.

Bexterrific said...

I love it. LOVE it!!! :)

Jan said...

Oh, that Boy Child (as always)!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

"Sacks" I'm going to have to start pronouncing it that way.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

OMG Im dying here, just too funny!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

I can't wait to read this to my husband. He is going to love it!