Today I want to blog about other bloggers.
The whole reason I started blogging is because of M and Badger Girl. So you can thank those two ladies for all these wasted hours. Or whatever.
These two ladies are two of the people that I love most in the world. They are both amazingly cool women and I'm honored to be their friend.
Because I started blogging I've "met" tons and tons of other people. I feel really lucky and fortunate for this too. I love reading blogs...I love to get to know people through what they write. I love to know people for who they are.
So today, I've picked eight random people from my Blogroll and, along with the two ladies who started this madness, I'm going to share ten of my favorite posts from other people.
Go. Read. Share the love.
1) And then there were two!-Happy Anniversary from the, oh, Worst Wife ever! Hilarious post about her 3rd wedding anniversary. With lots of pictures!
2) Pardon the Egg Salad-Recycled Child (100% post consumer content). (You have to scroll down a bit. It's posted on February 20th, 2007 and she links her archives by the month). A truly awesome account of being an adopted child. I get chills every time I think about it.
3) Adventures in Baby Fat- This Love. Beautiful, beautiful post about her husband. Who is also named Jason!
4) Gwenworld- My Night of Shame at the Topless Bar. I have to say I could link a million of Gwen's posts because a) I've been reading her blog for nearly 10 years (before it was even called a blog!) b) She is an amazingly gifted writer. But this piece? Hysterical. I laugh every single time I look at it.
5) Temporary Insanity-Motherhood and Me-dom. Reflective, excellent post.
6) Lizarita-The Faux Blogger. Great post on how sometimes bloggers put an unrealistic face to the world. Very thought provoking. Seems like it upset some people maybe. I still liked it.
7) Mum to Four-Dear Bitch in the ER. Oh. This. Made. Me. LAUGH. Because everyone works with someone like this!
8) Canadian Thoughts in Texas-It just doesn't sound good. Hilarious post about her shopping, um, addiction. Pretty much everything she says is hilarious, actually.
9) Memoirs of a Single Mom-On Being a Woman. Amira writes really beautifully and honestly about everything, but this just touched my heart because I have been where she is and it's no fun and I'm certain I wasn't as eloquent about it at the time.
10) Mrs. CPA-A very Unfortunate Choice for a Party Indicator. Okay. I admit it. I'm really a 14 year old boy. Because this? Hysterical.
What are some of your favorite posts?
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Heyyy...thanks! I'm truly honoured that I made it onto your list.
I love all of your open letters :-) I just tagged you on my blog for a short little meme.
I loved the series on how you and Jason met. That's how I started reading your blog (though I forget where I followed it from...it was probably emma in canada, though....HI EMMA!). I can't stop stalking now. Thowwy. I mean no harm. Weally.
Oh, geez. Now I have more reading to do! I guess I should leave it for this evening. Thanks for sharing!
You have great taste in blogs...
I must be 14, too, 'cause those party balloons are funny as shit!
You just made my week. Seriously. I needed to re-read that post as well. I'm so grateful for you, Chick. You make me think, laugh, and want to be a better mom. Thank you!
That's a great sampling... a few re-reads for me, but definitely good ones!
My fave is the post where you went shopping and realized that the wire to your bra strap was up around your neck!! Bahahahah.
Can't wait to check out those blogs and your favorite posts. Without a doubt I'm sure I'll love them!
How funny that I was contemplating doing this, too, but as a I learned something this week. And, I was gonna do Catwoman's post about the plight of the tropical fish ala her sister.
:) Thanks, Chick. I noticed via my Sitemeter that I got a lot of hits through your blog. And now I know why.
And it was good for ME to re-read that post, too.
Thanks a lot, Chick. As always, you seriously rock the Kasbah!
Thanks for the list of things to read. Any of your posts with stories from Boy Child or open letters are my faves of yours.
My favorite post from another blogger is one from Holly at Nothing But Bonfires, called Had We But World Enough and Time. Just a wonderful post.
Love your blog! The name alone is awesome.
This was a great idea about your favorite posts. I can't wait to read all of these.
I do not have a favorite post per say but I love this blog:
and his post from today titled (Falling in Love) again! AWESOME...
I am HONORED to be on this list.
GRETEL GRETEL GRETEL GRETEL
BEST POST EVER !!!
wow! Talk about some serious love! I'm so flattered to make your list and I'm glad that nothing vomit or poop related was pick.
Oh who am I kidding! I'd be flattered if the chosen post involved poop or vomit too.
My favorite post of all time? Man... That's like asking me which M&M is my favorite in a bag.
This week, dooce.com had a post about chasing her dog-eating poop almost naked in the frigid temperatures of Salt Lake City. I have to say that it might be one of the funniest things I've read all week.
As far as series of posts go, your series about how you met Jason was BRILLIANTLY written. And they kept me on the edge of my seat, even though I knew that it would all end well. Which is a sign of fantastic writing, if you ask little me.
I don't know that I could choose 10 favorite posts! Seriously!!!
Post a Comment