1) Go to the grocery store so we'll have the essentials of life: milk, Diet Pepsi, and chicken.
2) Ponder how we could probably survive nuclear holocaust as long as we had milk, Diet Pepsi, and chicken.
3) Finish up an absolutely ginormous project that I, stupidly, called a 4 hour meeting on Tuesday for.
4) Make that START the absolutely ginormous project.
5) Complain, at length, about how I haven't had time to complete the project because although I'm supposed to work 20 hours for one side of my job and 20 hours for another side? Both managers give me 40 hours of work to do each week.
6) Set up a cookie booth at Lowes.
7) Explain to numerous people that, no, I don't have any more Samoas.
8) See the backside of people walk off and not purchase any cookies because I don't have any Samoas.
9) See #7 except replace the word Samoas with "Thin Mints".
10) Do the dishes which have been sitting in my sink for two days.
11) Wash three loads of laundry (after I go to the market...I don't have laundry detergent either).
12) Somehow convince my husband that he really wants to hang out at the cookie booth this afternoon.
13) Drink numerous bottles of Diet Pepsi, to keep my strength up.
14) Eat something, at some point.
15) Cook a nice dinner for the people I love. It will involve chicken. So I better get to the store.
Sunday, March 02, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
You sound like you have a busy day ahead...make sure to take some time for yourself...
I'm sure I was a hated person yesterday as I bought the last boxes of Thin Mints from the girls in front of our local Wal-Mart... I patted the boxes all the way home.
Is it Girl Scout cookie time already? Man, I need to go to Wal-Mart and hunt me down some peanut butter patties. Mmmmmm.....
That to-do list seems pretty typically weekend for me as well. I mean, it's not as if we work all week, but we get to cram in all of the rest of it into two lousy "days off". Gah.....
You know... my husband mentioned a trip to Costco. I'm sure I will have a few extra chickens or five to send your way!!
No Samoas OR Thin Mints? How dare you even show your face around town?
Enjoy your chicken!
Sounds about like my to-do list although I've been avoiding the cookie booths all together because I just can't eat ONE. Good luck with your sales!
And with your chicken!
You took my to do list for the day. take off the cookie sales and add some cleaning and we are good to go...
Where is Jason???? Isn't he currently without a job? To me that means he is on grocery, laundry and dinner detail. You need to concentrate on your job. You know the sole source of income right now.
Let me know if you want me to call him and talk to him about it......
How you can take something as mundane as a To Do List and make it fascinating?
Sounds like you are running around like a chicken with its head cut off...Mmmmm...chicken.
Man, in my day I had to sell the cookies my self. My mother was a slave driver! And dammit, I completely forgot chicken at the store. I am chickenless.
Wow. have fun with that. :)
So. . .basically, you needed "samoa samoas???"
That's right. . I'll be here all week. Tip your bartenders and waitresses.
did you survive? How'd it go?
Hey chick, if Husband isn't working right now - get him to do the laundry. That's one thing you could cross off your list. Unless your husband is like mine who I'm sure deliberately sabotages any chores he has so that I won't ask him again!
Please try to make a little time for yourself, even if it's only to lock your self in the bathroom for 5 minutes.
Hey, I can fully understand the disappointment about the cookies. Samoas and Thin Mints are the best cookies ever. I think you'd be seeing my backside as well. Oh, and I LOVE chicken!
Maybe your sorry husband can do something????????????????
I'll buy some GS cookies. Do you have any Samoas??? Or Thin Mints???
I didn't want to say anything...but I was kinda wondering about the husband too....I remember the single mom days...very well. Hang in there and try to find two secs for yourself!
Wow, anonymous can bite my ass once again! Why do people feel like its okay to be rude in comments? as if you're not a real person? Or as if this isn't really your life and you're just making it up for our entertainment?
Samoas! When I was a girl scout in Colorado that's what they were called, but now here in MN they are called Carmel Delights and everyone looks at me funny when I call them Samoas! I'll glad they are still that somewhere...
I just HAVE to say, I'd MUCH prefer the GS Thin Mints myself, but if they're out and you can't get any from them, try the Keebler Grasshoper cookies you can get at your grocery store. Not as good, but DEFINITELY a good substitute!!
No Thin Mints! how terrible....just kidding but they are my favorite.....
Post a Comment