Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas- 2008

I have a lot to do. A huge, huge list actually.

I have calls to make, emails to send. I have press releases that need to go out and I need to make a list of bloggers who I'm going to ask to whore my book.

(Is it bad that I used the word whore on Christmas? Sorry)

I have websites to develop. I have people to meet. The book cover will be here within a week.


But not today. None of it today.


Today I will watch my children open their gifts. I'll play hours of video games with the Boy. I'll make a delicious lasagna and we'll light candles on Jesus' birthday cake.

I'll hold Ginger back because the flurry of wrapping paper will cause massive amounts of excitement in El Puppiness. I'll wear my pajamas all day. I'll make phone calls, sure, but to my family and close friends. I'll take this opportunity, this day, to make sure they know that I love them.

I'll find some mistletoe somewhere...and if I can't, I'll kiss him anyway.


It's Christmas.


I'll take a moment to myself somehow, to thank God for my family. For Jason. For the Boy and the Girl. For the puppy. For our home. For my parents, my sisters, and my brother.

For his family, whether they'd do the same for me or not.

For our health and our jobs.

For all the good, beautiful things that somehow we've ended up with...this ridiculously wonderful marriage, a freaking book deal, two healthy, beautiful kids.

And for our friends. Our huge amount of friends who pray for us, laugh with us, weep with us, and most of all, love us.

We are truly blessed.



The world can wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll make the calls and write the lists.


It's Christmas.



Have a merry one.

11 comments:

Karin's Korner said...

Merry Christmas to you also. May God continue to bless your family.

Frannie said...

and a very merry one to you, too!!!!

and I can't wait to hear all the book excitement!!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, Chick!

I may have found the song from Mary's perspective that you were talking about.

There's a video on my blog with it.

Have a wonderful day!

Mrs. Booms said...

Merry Christmas.

Here to waiting until tomorrow!

Tarasview said...

A very Merry Christmas to you!!

(and I'd be happy to whore your book any time :) )

Jenski said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

(I'd also be happy to whore your book.)

Angie said...

You know I'd love to whore your book. . . to all 11 of my readers! :)

This was a beautiful post, as always. I pray you had a blessed, lasagna-filled day with lots of games, laughter, and mistletoe!

SJINCO said...

Merry Christmas to you too Chick and your family as well.

I'm blessed to know someone like you! And I can't wait to hear all about your book (can I whore it out for you, please?!)

CPA Mom said...

Good call Steph. Merry Christmas to all of you!

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

I'll whore your book!!!! Hope you had a great Christmas!!!

Kelly said...

Put me on the book whore list please!