Sunday, January 18, 2009

One step at a time.

Here are some more answers from the questions from this post.

Roxanne asks:
How 'bout this? If you ever accidentally ran into Boy Child and Girl Child's bio-father, what do you think your reaction would be?

I don't know. Interesting.

I don't know if I would recognize him or if he would recognize me. It's been a very long time since I've seen him and I don't think I really look the same. I don't think he looks the same either as I have reason to believe he has gone bald on top in a very unattractive way.

There is no way he could recognize the Boy and the Girl because it's been so many years.

I think I would probably just walk away, to be quite honest. I have nothing to say to him and I can't imagine wanting to hear anything he'd have to say to me at this point.



marythemom asks:
How do your children feel about your blog? I post pictures and information about mine and it bothers them some. I need a place to vent so I do it anyway.

My children have very, very limited use of the internet. They are aware that I have a blog and they know the name of it (the Boy says, "Mom. You say that ALL THE TIME") but that is about all they know. They don't read it or really understand anything about blogs or blogging.

As they get older, I imagine I will have to deal with that.

Interesting.


imadramamama asks:
Which do you like better for decorating your house: photographs or paintings?



This is in my living room.



This is above our bed.



It's all about the photographs for me.



Kimberly asks:
With regards to future fan mail, will you
a) answer it yourself
b) not answer it at all
c) hire someone to do it for you or
d) post samples on your blog for us to laugh at?


If I ever get any fan mail that I can answer and is from people who are sane, I will answer it myself. If I get any fan mail from crazy people, I will post samples on my blog for everyone to laugh at.

That was so easy.


Supes asks:
Who's your favorite sibling? (trick question)

Supes is my brother y'all. For real, in real life. He's nutty, but I love him.


Heather asks:
Do the people that you work with, and your boss, know that you are going to have a published book? What about the girl that once said she thought you looked like a blogger that she followed? What ever happened to her?

And one more...

Do you have a fear of success?



Lots of questions!

The people I work with in my immediate office (five other ladies) all know about my book and are all very supportive. The president of my company knows and is very supportive. One of the ladies I work directly with is my immediate supervisor and OUR supervisor (hers and because he's hers, mine) knows and he's awesome. He and I used to sit together even before he became my boss so he's a friend and a co-worker. The former VP of my company helped me make a video and told everyone he knows.

Most other people do not know. The person who used to be my boss is no longer my boss and I wouldn't want him to know because I'm fairly certain he's crazy.


The girl who said I looked like a blogger she read never mentioned it again. She didn't work with me for very long.


I don't know if I have a fear of success. Maybe? I talked to my therapist about this recently actually and told him that I can't understand WHY I keep doing these things that force me to deal with all this. The book is about a time in my life that was, overall, pretty dark. I mean, I wrote about the hilarious parts, but it's still pretty dismal to have to recall all of it.

But I did.

And not only did I write it, I sent it to people to see if they wanted to publish it. And when I got the first rejection I didn't say, "Oh, well. I suck. Goodbye" and just, you know, STOP IT. I continued sending it to publishers until I found one who found it was delightful and wanted others to read it and was willing to spend their own money to make that happen.

And I didn't say no.

I have no idea why I do the things I do. I don't know if I have a fear of success or a fear of how other people who view my own success.

I just don't know.


Not a good answer, I'm sure. But it's all I got.



MDA asks:
Disneyland or Disneyworld?

I've never been to Disneyland, so I feel unqualified to answer this. I do love Disneyworld though.


Wilma asks:
Any hints on getting rid of insomnia you would like to pass on?

Considering I have not slept appropriately since 1998, I do not think I am qualified to answer this question.

That's all for today! If you have a question there is still time to ask it. Just go here and leave me a comment with your question. One question will be chosen at random to receive a signed copy of my new book. Which you know you would totally want. So ask already!

3 comments:

judy in ky said...

If you and your family could live anyplace in the world, where would you choose?

Dawn~a~Bon said...

1. What was the website from which you ordered the cute penis (not really) earrings?

Tricia said...

I am soooooo looking forward to the crazy fan mail you will post in the future!