Sunday, February 22, 2009

All about me! Except the parts about him.

I totally stole this from my homegirl Badgergirl. Because she's funky fresh. Or some crap. I don't know.

Anyway! This one is fun. When you answer, you are answering for you and your significant other. Let me know if you try it.

What are your middle names?
Jason's is Paul. The one I was born with was Jo. Yes, I know. My mom hated me.

My drivers license has a different middle name now. I'll just let you guess about it.

How long have you been together?
We got together in December 1999. Jeeze Louise. We've been married for almost six years.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
I did not know him before we went out. I had spoken to him online and on the phone.

Who asked whom out?
He asked me. Aww.

How old are each of you?
As of February 15th we are both 33. I'm four months (exactly) older.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Mine.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
I dunno...we're pretty tough. Probably the whole our-income-went-down-$27000-this-year-let's-not-freak-out thing.

Did you go to the same school?
We did not.

Are you from the same home town?
I grew up in a small town in Tennessee. He grew up in the wealthiest county in the country. That would be a big fat no.

Who is smarter?
I think we are pretty equal, but our strengths are in very different areas. For example, he can do math in his head and I avoid math at all costs. He couldn't write his way out a wet paper bag and I just had my first book published. It all balances out and we're pretty even during our daily Jeopardy competitions.

Who is the most sensitive?
Oh God me. I can hardly stand myself most of the time.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
As a couple? Just the two of us? That happens like, twice a year. If we're lucky. Usually it's Naples once and The Chop House the other time. We don't eat out a ton as a family but if we do? We like to go to small, local places.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Orlando

Who has the craziest exes?
Have you read my book? Me.

He probably has larger quantities of ex's though.

Who has the worst temper?
Me. Unless someone is mean to me and then Jason becomes the BullDog in the Alley.

Who does the cooking?
Jason is a much, much better cook than I am. I do most of the cooking though.

Who is the neat-freak?
There are many things "freak" about me, but "neat" is not one of them. I often come home and Jason is cheerfully vacuuming the rug. You decide.

Who is more stubborn?
We are both extremely stubborn and both like to be right. Fortunately we also listen to each other pretty well.

Who hogs the bed?
I'll give you a hint. This morning I referred to Jason as "Patrick Star". If you are not familiar, he's the starfish on Spongebob Squarepants. Imagine a starfish laying on your bed.
There you go.

Who wakes up earlier?
Me. The latest I'm ever up is 6am. Usually I'm up around 4am.
Jason has to be at work at 8:30am so he's up at like...8:18am.

Where was your first date?
We went to a Ragazzis which no longer exists in that location. Then we went back to his condo and watched The X-files, which he had on video.

Who is more jealous?
Neither one of us is very jealous, but if I have to pick I would say him.

How long did it take to get serious?
Um, I don't know? I think we both knew the very first night that we had something special. He told me a few years ago that he knew on the first date that we would always be together. I didn't know that first night, but I knew I really liked him. We seemed to work well together.

We started dating in December and he told me he loved me in February.

Then of course there was that whole dumping me for another girl thing. I won't dwell on it.

Who eats more?
Him. By a lot.

Who does the laundry?
We each do our own laundry. One of us gets quite testy about it (and his name rhymes with Kason).

Who's better with the computer?
Me. Jason is not completely computer inept, but he's not good with it either.

Who drives when you are together?
Usually him, unfortunately. Driving with him is generally pretty hurltastic. But you know how I like excitement. And nothing says excitement like holding on for dear life.

17 comments:

Mahmood said...

Hi! It is anice way to describe yourselves. Wish you all the best.
http://www.thedynamicnature.com

marythemom said...

I love these things! I'm using it on my blog too and linking you. Hope that's OK!

Mary in TX
http://marythemom-mayhem.blogspot.com

Mom to biokids Ponito(10) and his sister Bob(12)
Sibling pair adoptive placement from NE 11/06
Finally finalized on Kitty(13) on 3/08 - 2 weeks before her 13th birthday!
Finalized on her brother Bear 7/08. He turned 15 the next day.
" Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

Allie said...

Awww, I love this survey.

Anonymous said...

I love this! I only recently discovered your blog and you are seriously consistently hilarious! I answered these questions on my blog as well.

Anonymous said...

Hey I just finished your book, it was fantastic! At the suggestion of my mom, I am going to start reading your blog as well. ^_^

velocibadgergirl said...

Oh, how I love you. Like, for real.

The starfish thing cracked me up. Also? MB and I are exactly three months apart in age, to the day, so I'm thrilled that someone else I know has similar bday mojo going on.

Also? I read your book in one sitting on Friday, and OH MY HOLY HELL. I loved it. LOVED. IT. <3

Anonymous said...

hey i gave my baby the middle name Josephine.. I hope she likes it.

Anonymous said...

hey i gave my baby the middle name Josephine.. I hope she likes it.

Anonymous said...

"OhGod me. I can hardly stand myself most of the time." So great....

Unknown said...

Oooh...I had fun reading yours and answering this one, too.

Thanks for an easy post!

The Quarter Polish Cook said...

Love this! Totally stealing it from you!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I'm stealing this too.

Amy W said...

Totally stealing this...

Twisted Cinderella said...

This is a great meme! I loved your answers.

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

"Rhymes with Kason..." HA! Awesome, hon. And by the way? How the heck did you get him to do his own laundry?!? Dang. I'm getting screwed.

Literally and figuratively!

SJINCO said...

Okay, so I'm going to throw this out there.....Virginia? If I'm right you'll know what I'm talking about (and no, I'm not talking about your 'new' middle name).

Loved the Starfish reference. spouse is the same freaking way. Loved this, it was great! So much that I think I'm totally going to steal this.

Anonymous said...

Mmkay so your blog was just recommended to me through google reader and I started reading and got to this post and now I'm reading things about Ragazzi's on Glenwood (a place I've eatin more than once) and The Chop House and I'm thinkin' that you, like, live near me. And that is so cool on so many levels...I guess because I'm just that lame. But now I kinda need to know, cause HOW CRAZY IS GOOGLE READER?! But yea, I live in Clayton and I'm not a stalker (and even though I live in Johnston County, I have all my teeth) lol.