Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Inappropriate parenting: Day 3980

Last night I heard the Girl Child laughing.

It's a nice sound. One I hear pretty frequently and never get tired of.

But she kept laughing and laughing and laughing. And suddenly? She was crying.

"Girl Child? What's so funny?"


She was reading my book.


Girl Child, age 10, was reading my book.


She was reading the chapter called, "Nipples".





Apparently? Nipples are HYSTERICAL when you are ten, almost eleven.




Soon it was time for her to go to bed and she came to kiss me goodnight and said, in her sweet little way,

"Mom? I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to buy your book. I mean...it's just GOLD mom. It's GOLD. It's a winner".

So I thanked her and as I was thanking her, she asked,

"So mom? Does Boom-Booms mean breasts?"

I assured her that yes, in this particular situation that's exactly what it meant. And she said, happily:

"Oh good. That wasn't a typo".



No.




I'm probably not really going to Hell. Right? Not really.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Maybe just for a day or two. ;oD J/k. I guess if an almost 11 year old loves your book, I'm going to have to go buy it, huh?

queenrandom said...

O.M.G.

Hilarious! I read that chapter last night too and I just about died. I hope she didn't ask too much about Big Pimpin Willie!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Not really. And wasn't hearing her laugh that loudly worth corrupting her, just a little bit?

Luisa Perkins said...

She's not the only one laughing. I just finished reading your book (I bought it with my own money on Kymburlee at Temporary?Insanity's recommendation), and I loved it. Hoping you'll publish The Jason Story very soon.

Best Wishes,

Luisa Perkins

Wilma said...

Soon I will be reading about boom booms, too. Amazon Canada is finally offering your book!

notsosmallfries said...

LMAO! That's the same chapter that caused such laughter at my house that I ended up reading the whole thing aloud to John!

Love it!

Tarasview said...

tee hee... guess who got your book in the mail today?? That's right ME and I can't wait to get to that chapter :)

floreta said...

that is so sweet!