Friday, July 10, 2009

Quietly writing.

I wrote about three thousand words on my next book tonight.

I'll have to edit that back...probably a lot. But I'm glad that I got it out.

I keep having this great idea for another book. A fiction book, not real crap about my own life.

It's really the best idea ever. I keep thinking of it and thinking how good it could be.

Then I remember. It's basically the book I tried writing between 2006 and early 2008.

And it REALLY, REALLY SUCKED. I hate it and wish it was dead and I'm pretty sure I can't do anything to make it better.


So. There's that.



I'm in a bit of a funk lately. Is it obvious?

5 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

It does kind of show, yeah.

If the idea keeps coming back though, maybe the suckage is optional. Taking a couple years off can make a big difference - and so can coming at the old idea from a new direction.

I guess I'm saying don't rule it out.

Bethany said...

Listen- it is no longer 2006. You are not the same as you were in 2006. You also have more writing experience now. If this idea keeps coming up I say go for it!!


Also, I really want to work with you rowdy women who talk about bags of dicks and bras. Actually, I just want to work. Or win the lotto.

Anonymous said...

Time changes the way we look at things, so there is a good chance you will have a new perspective than you had in 2006. Think positive. You can do it!

edbteach said...

give it another shot! Who knows, maybe this time around it wouldn't suck.

Anonymous said...

Good job on the writing.

Give that other book another chance! It is going to keep bugging you until you do something about it!