Sunday, July 22, 2007

Shocking confessions!

  • I've never read any of the Harry Potter books. Or seen any of the movies.
  • I am a bit confused by people dressing up and camping out at bookstores.
  • I am, however, pleased that children are reading. Because I believe that children are our future. Or some crap.
  • Although I've lived in some part of Tennessee for the vast majority of my life, I've never been to Graceland.
  • I look at the newspaper online for the town in which I last knew my ex-husband lived in hopes that he gets arrested for something so I can feel all smug and self-righteous.
  • I just saw an ad for a t-shirt which reads "b ur dream" and I spent like two and 1/2 minutes wondering what a bur dream was.
  • Due to the show, "Scott Baio is 45 and single" I now have the assumption that he is not only single he is infested with crabs. Which is probably not even fair, but it's how I feel.
  • I am perplexed that Hulk Hogan and his lovely wife Linda might potentially be having marital issues. I really want them to work it out.
  • I watch far to much television. Vh1, I am your bitch.
  • I found like 25 gray hairs. No one else has noticed because my other 800 million hairs are brown, but still.
  • I want to get a big white fluffy dog and name it "Blackie" and stand out on my porch and shriek thing like, "COME HOME BLACKIE!"
  • I have no idea why.
  • I should be doing something productive.
  • I can't because it's almost time for "Rock of Love".

22 comments:

PinkCat said...

Ok your sadder than I though. I am only kidding. lol

My son and Scrags are into Harry Potter in a big way. However they didn't go to a Harry Potter party because we didn't know anything about that. Oh well.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs from your even sadder friend in Phoenix xxxx

Angie said...

Okay. . here's where I get so giddy with excitement.

. . . gulp. . .I just discovered VH1, too. That "Rock of Love" show just cracks me up. I really get more into the "one hit wonder" video countdowns. . . but I'm with you.

. . .so seriously, at Thanksgiving. . after we scrapbook, we could totally watch VH1. . . I'll even make Weight Watchers pecan pie!!

Maddy said...

We bought a copy for Nonna for her birthday today - so it's not just kids.
Cheers

Denise said...

I watch entirely too much t.v too. Oh and I have never seen, a star wars, star trek or a fantastic four movie. I have never seen a mission impoosible movie, or the bourne identity movies.

Ry said...

Oh how I pink puffy heart your entries! I love to come here and giggle! I love your writing!

Anonymous said...

Rock of Love rocks! I couldn't believe he let the crack whore stay, though.

And I'm with Heather. Great blog and always good for a giggle! Now lets go check out Heather's blog...

frannie said...

vh1 totally rocks my world!

Anonymous said...

I read the first Harry Potter book. Liked it. Clearly? It wasn't something that I HAD to keep up with. I will. In 5 years when it's no longer "cool" to do that. I'm fune like that.

Cracking up at the dog.

Seriously. Why aren't you writing a book?

BS said...

I too don't get the Harry Potter obsession - haven't read a single book nor seen any of the movies. It was the "talk of the office" on Friday. Have bought a few of the books for gifts - nieces and nephews. But haven't even opened the cover of any of them.

Anonymous said...

I am totally MISSING Rock of Love damnit....Can you fill me in?

Ann(ie) said...

Never figured out the Harry Potter craze myself. You're not alone!

julie said...

I am visiting my mom this weekend and I've done nothing but watch VH1. I totally understand...

Victoria Dehlbom said...

For one, I'm so glad the Harry Potter thing has reached its end.

My husband wants a cat so he can name if Dog Food. Imagine yelling that from the door.

HeatherAnn Fragglehead said...

If it wasn't enough to have hinty billion reasons to want to come live with you, I now have hinty billion and one:

You like 'Rock of Love'.

I love this show so much I almost can't stand it, and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the worn out looking strippers. Maybe it's the blondes with breasts up to their chin. Maybe it's that Bret Michaels wears eyeliner in 2007 and makes no apologies.

But I love 'Rock of Love'. And I love you.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I live was born and raised in Memphis, TN and have still never been to Graceland.

I'm gonna get fired if I keep reading you at work. The Blackie thing was freakin hilarious!!!

CPA Mom said...

ok, since we are "twins" and all, how is it you are not into Harry Potter and I am (obsessed). You must come over to our side. You know you want to...

SJINCO said...

I must watch Rock of Love, I've been hearing tons about it - ALMOST as much as this stuff called Harry Potter.

I've never seen the movies OR read the books either. GO ME!

You are too funny Chick, you crack me up!!!

my4kids said...

I would so do the Blackie thing! After all we had a cat named mouse.

I think its funny you check the paper to see if the ex is arrested for something...hehe

It took me a second to figure our what b ur dream meant also.....

Pgoodness said...

I just...I....ROFLAMO!!! Thanks for that.

Lucky Gem said...

Me neither on the Harry Potter books and movies! Not my thing.

And I live in the same county as Graceland. Been once. Don't care to go back. You're not missing anything.

And I do NOT live in the corrupt city of Memphis. I live in a cozy little suburb.

Real Life in South Carolina said...

I had a dog named Blackie when I was a kid. It didn't sound to good when he ran out the door while a man was delivering a package and I yelled out, "Blackie, get back here!" Yeah, the guy wasn't white.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I've nothing intelligble to say so...


Mwahahahah!