Sunday, May 31, 2009

Life-span.

Yesterday I read a book called I'm Not the New Me by Wendy McClure. I vaguely remembered her from years and years ago, when I read her website Poundy, but honestly didn't realize it was her until she made reference to it in her book.

I liked the book. I liked it a lot. I liked it so much, in fact, that I sent her a slightly slobbery fan-girl email.

I didn't say this in my email, but one of the things I liked so much about her book was that she mentioned all these websites that I used to look at, years ago, and had forgotten about.

And? I liked that her book was written in 2005. And I just picked it up yesterday.

Because I've been so worried about that. This year. That I have to let everyone in the world know RIGHT NOW TODAY that I've written a book or it will be like the book never existed. Honestly, after the first day? I thought it was all over. I thought that was it and no one else would ever buy my book and it would be an abject failure.

That's not happened.

It's ridiculous, really. When you think about it. My new favorite book Mrs. Mike was first published way back in 1947. I didn't read it until this year. It was amazing.

Books have no life-spans. They will go on.



I find that very comforting.

7 comments:

Krissie said...

Mrs. Mike was my mom's favorite book when she read it in high school. I don't even know how many times I've read it - just because she loves it so much.

Books live forever.

Crystal said...

Thanks for the link to those books, I've never read either of them, but they both sound like something I would enjoy.

Lisa Chelle said...

Words never die. Stories will always be shared. Some of my favorite books are from years ago.

Lisa Chelle said...

Words never die. Stories will always be shared. Some of my favorite books are from years ago.

CPA Mom said...

I have that book!! Signed!!! I was so lucky to meet Wendy at BlogHer 2006 and I gushed all over her. She was gracious and kind and funny. Hey, she was a lot like you!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

One of my favourite books was written in 1906. You've so got this figured right.

Toritopia said...

That was such a great book. I especially liked the pictures of the old weight watcher recipes.