Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Working on my fitness.

I? HATE to exercise.

There. I admitted it.

I hate sweating. I hate the heat. I hate that FLAPPING noise that my arms make when I swing them around. It sounds like a helicopter taking off and, as you can imagine, that is VERY UNATTRACTIVE.

Also?

I love to exercise.

I love how I feel so much better when I work out. I look forward to my daily walks with my co-worker and I look forward to seeing how we can push ourselves. I love and I mean LOVE how I can be having the most craptacular day and burn it off, hard, by running on the treadmill.

I love that I can run.

Last year at this time? I couldn't run.

I'm still a long way from where I need to be. This isn't The Biggest Loser (new season! Starts September 15th! WOOT!). I'm healthier and stronger. Not skinny and probably never will be. I still don't like getting up early and I don't like exercising twice a day and I really wish I didn't feel like I was going to TOTALLY FAINT after walking up that enormous hill to get to my office.

But I'm getting there. I'm learning to love this. To accept it. To be okay.

I even bought a pair of pants that are smaller. I don't even know how to feel, but when they arrive? We'll see.

I'm changing. It's good.

15 comments:

ahead26 said...

congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea! Thanks for writing this. It helps to inspire me on my own journey.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!

Peace.

Anonymous said...

She be up in the gym just working on her fitness.

S to the T to the E to the P to the H... She's Stephanie...

Well, you get the general idea. You go, girl!

Jamie said...

Awesome! There is no better feeling than accomplishing a personal goal. You go girl! :)

Danielle said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

I watch you when you walk at lunch. I follow you when you walk at lunch. I think you’re hot, WMC.

(Te-he-hee! *smooches*)

Kathy said...

I haven't been reading your blog long, but sometimes I think you are pulling your thoughts right from my head. I track points, I hate exercise, I love exercise, I hate tracking points, buying smaller clothes FREAKS me out. Thanks for helping me to remember that I am not the only person who struggles with these things. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, you are doing sooo well and a total inspiration!!

Intelligent Tool said...

I HATE waking up to work out. HATE it so much that I don't even try anymore...but I admire that you can stick with it. You are amazing!

Allie said...

Way to go, you're doing so great, I am so envious of your drive and determination and I'm so happy for you and your new pants!! LOL

Suzy Voices said...

Awesome!! You are so right about hating it and loving it. I'm currently in the hating it, so not doing it area. Need to get back to the hate it, but do it anyway stage. ;-)

Boriqua said...

That pretty much sums up the hate/love relationship I have with my workout regimen, too. But it's been worth the effort to be able to fit back -- comfortably -- into pants that were too tight a few months ago. It's also a great excuse for me and my dog to enjoy some puppy dancing between sets. :)

SJINCO said...

That's totally awesome Stephanie! I hate to work out too but I love how it makes me feel and I love the results the most.

Keep on keeping on!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

You are such a wonderful inspiration for me. When this littlest one starts pre-school in January, I'm gonna make like Chick and get out there and get healthier. :)